How do I order custom cookies?
As of August 2018, we no longer take custom cookie orders. Instead, we are focusing entirely on cookie decorating classes and parties.
What classes are available?
You can see a list of available classes here. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are not scheduling any classes at this time.
Where are you located?
As of April 2020, Cookies by Kate has transitioned the business to be an at-home baking business, servicing the Madison, Wisconsin area. Products are made in a private home not subject to state licensing or inspection.
Wait, I thought you were located at FEED Kitchens?
Cookies by Kate started and grew out of the wonderful FEED Kitchens, a shared commercial kitchen space, where we used to be licensed. Now with a little one running around and still maintaining my full-time job, I have decided to focus less on cookie sales and more on time with my friends and family. Instead of taking cookie orders, I exclusively offer cookie decorating classes and parties.
Thankfully, because of judge’s ruling regarding at-home baking in Wisconsin, I was able to transition Cookies by Kate to be an at-home baking business as of April 2020. Products are made in a private home not subject to state licensing or inspection.
Do you ever have classes at other locations?
Occasionally we will collaborate with other small businesses in the Madison, WI area to host a cookie decorating class or workshop. Stay up to date with our newest events by liking us on Facebook and following us on Instagram. We will also post available classes here.
How do I purchase a ticket for a class? How much does it cost?
All publicly available classes organized by Cookies by Kate will be ticketed through Eventbrite, or, if it is a collaboration with another vendor, through their ticketing site. Price of classes vary by location and duration of the event. Our standard 2-hr class is $50/person.*
None of your available classes work for my friends and I. Can I host my own private class?
Yes! Private classes can be hosted at a location of your choosing. There is limited availability for Kate to hold private classes and parties so please contact us at least 4 weeks in advance. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are not scheduling any classes at this time.
I want to host my own event. What’s the difference between a cookie decorating class and a cookie decorating party?
- Hosted by you at your location
- Work with Kate to choose a theme to base instruction around
- Focused, in-depth instruction on cookie decorating techniques including piping and flooding, use of texture, and wet-on-wet design
- Each participant will decorate ~4-8 sugar cookie cut-outs to take home in a window-pane box
- You choose time structure: 1 hour (4 cookies) or 2 hour class (8 cookies)
- Class size is limited on your location space (each guest must have their own individual seat)
- Minimum number of paid participants: 6
- Pricing based on location and duration of class*
- Hosted by you at your party location!
- You choose the cookie theme to fit your party’s theme (birthday, bachelorette, bridal shower, Christmas, etc)
- Provided demonstration on how to decorate the cookies followed by individual decorating time
- Each guest will have their own decorating station which includes:
- 3-6 sugar cookie cut-outs per guest
- Pre-made icing bags with colors to fit your theme
- A window-pane box to take the cookies home (a great party favor!)
- Parties are typically 1 hour (plus a half hour for set up and half hour for take down)
- Maximum number of guests based on party space (each guest must have their own individual seat)
- Minimum number of paid guests: 8
- Pricing based on location and duration of cookie party*
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are not scheduling any classes at this time. There is limited availability for Kate to hold private classes and parties so please contact us as soon as possible.
Email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your private class or party!
What is the age requirement? Do you have any kid classes?
Typically, the classes are best suited for participants 16 and older. Children 10 – 15 may attend if accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a ticket.
Occasionally we will collaborate with other small businesses in the Madison, WI area to host a cookie decorating class or workshop that are specifically designed for children. Stay up to date with our newest events by liking us on Facebook and following us on Instagram. We will also post available classes here.
For private events like birthday parties, there is no specific age requirement. (We have worked with kiddos as young as two!) Kate will work with you to design the perfect cookie decorating party based on the average age of the participants.
How do I contact you?
Inquiries, comments, and friendly hellos can be directed to Kate at email@example.com.
We are happy to offer a full refund for tickets canceled up to one week before the event date. We do not offer a refund or a credit for classes canceled with less than one week notice, but you may transfer your ticket to another participant.
Classes are subject to cancellation at the discretion of the instructor. In the case of a cancellation by the instructor, participants will be notified as soon as possible and will be issued a full refund.
Our refund/cancellation policy only applies to events ticketed through Cookies by Kate, whether ticketed through Eventbrite or through an invoice sent by Cookies by Kate. Classes in collaboration with other vendors may have their own own refund/cancellation policy.
*Prices are subject to change at any time without notice.*